Who doesn’t love a hug and who doesn’t love bacon? This sweet side dish (or appetizer) will amaze your guests this year and keep them coming back for more. It’s a great way to get children involved in the prep work for Thanksgiving and a simple food idea that will help them consume those veggies as well.
Hugs always make it better!
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Servings: 8 – 10
What You’ll Need:
- 9 inch Skillet or Cookie Sheet (9*13)
- Knife and Cutting Board
- Medium Bowl for Green Beans
- Small Microwavable Mixing Bowl
- Toothpicks (Optional)
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 4 14.5oz Cans of French Cut or Whole Green Beans
- Pound of Sliced Bacon (2 Pounds if Using Thick Cut Bacon)
- 1 TBSP of Honey
- 1/2 cup of Butter (1 Stick)
- 1 TBSP of Olive Oil to Coat Skillet or Cookie Sheet (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Open cans of green beans and strain excess water before placing in medium bowl.
- Cut strips of bacon in half and set aside.
- Coat Skillet/Cookie Sheet in a thin layer of olive oil. (Optional)
- Microwave butter and brown sugar in small bowl until butter melts and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Using 6-10 green bean stems, wrap ½ slice of bacon around green beans and hold together with toothpick unless bacon completely wraps around green beans.
- Lay in skillet and repeat until bacon/green beans are all wrapped.
- Spread butter and brown sugar mixture over wrapped green beans.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes or until bacon is cooked throughout. Rotate wrapped green beans as needed to ensure bacon is thoroughly cooked.
- Once wrapped green beans are done, remove and drizzle honey over finished product. Serve and enjoy!