Spinach is one of my favorite leafy greens. Spinach is loaded with fiber, zinc, vitamins A, C, E, and K and packed with calcium, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and a ton of other nutrients that make it great for your body and your overall health.
I like spinach in my salads, steamed, boiled, and in spinach artichoke dip and with the right amount of (added) cheese and spice, your guest will love you for it. It’s a great tasting dip that is perfect for any occasion and can be served with chips or veggies. If you’re adding artichokes to the dip, be sure to bake the dip as jarred/canned artichoke hearts can be a little bitter but cooking them properly will help take some of the edge off. Add as much spinach as you like, especially if you’re looking for a healthy reason to have more than one serving.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
What You’ll Need:
- Ceramic or Glass Dish that will Hold Approximately 7 Cups
- Mixing Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- 24oz of Cream Cheese
- 1 TBSP Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 TSP of Sour Cream
- 4-5 Cups of chopped Spinach
- ½ Cup of Artichoke Hearts (Optional)
- 1 TSP Salt
- ½ cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix chopped spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, artichoke hearts, salt, and crushed red pepper in mixing bowl and pour in ceramic/baking dish. (You may need to soften cream cheese prior to mixing depending on container.)
- Bake ingredient mixture for 15 min or until cream cheese is softened and to desired consistency.
- Add ½ cup of parmesan cheese to dish and stir cheese throughout. Bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with chips and/or veggies.