Chef Curl Ardee's 4 Cheese Baked Macaroni
June 21 2019
June 21 2019
It’s a classic. Whether it’s a side, meal, prepared for Thanksgiving (don't wait for the holidays for mac and cheese), or your go to comfort food– macaroni and cheese will never go out of style– and in the spirit of being thankful – I’m thankful for mac and cheese!
This dish is as decadent as it is rich and worth every bit of cheese that you put into it. A lot of recipes call for one type of cheese and as great as baked mac and cheese is and can be, I recommend using four. The recipe calls for Cheddar, Muenster, Colby Jack, and my favorite and the ever powerful Gouda. You don’t need a lot of Gouda to get the flavor so no need to overdo it.
Simple ingredients but together they pack a wonderful punch and are sure to bring tons of smiles to your table this year. The children, bae, and grandma will love it– trust me! Recipe and cooking instructions are below.
Prep Time: 35 min
Cook Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need:
- Ceramic or Glass Baking Dish that will Hold Approximately 7 Cups
- Medium Sauce Pan
- Mixing Spoon
- Knife/Cheese Grater
- Colander/Strainer for Noodles
- 12 – 16 oz Elbow Macaroni
- 8 Cups of Water
- One egg
- 1 TBSP Black Pepper
- 1 TSP Salt
- Milk (1/3 cup)
- Cheese (and lots of it!)
- Cheddar (2 Cups)
- Muenster (1/2 Cup)
- Colby Jack (2 Cups)
- Gouda (1/4 Cup)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add salt and noodles in sauce pan and boil until noodles are tender.
- Slice/shred cheese into small portions in order to melt quickly.
- Once noodles are tender, rinse, strain and set aside.
- Mix one half of the cheese and milk in serving dish and bake in oven on 350 F for 10 min or until mixture is a nice sauce like consistency.
- Add noodles, egg, pepper, and remainder of Gouda, Muenster, and Cheddar to serving dish and mix thoroughly.
- Bake on 350 F and stir as needed to ensure all cheese melts and provides desired consistency for 45 min.
- Cover Mac and Cheese with remaining Colby Jack cheese and place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts on top. Serve and enjoy!