Cajun Rubbed and Roasted Chicken
I get asked a lot about the best thing to put Chef Curl Ardee seasonings and spice blends on– the answer is still and always will be EVERYTHING!
And one of the favorites is chicken. You can use this recipe on chicken wings, breasts, thighs, drums, or go all in and roast the entire chicken. It’s flavor is perfect and the skin is extremely crispy with this recipe that anyone can master.
- Chef Curl Ardee’s Cajun Seasoning
- Whole Chicken
- 1/4 Cup of Butter (swap with extra virgin olive oil to make this dish Whole 30 compliant)
- 1/4 Cup of Honey (omit to make this dish Whole 30 compliant)
- Fresh Garlic Cloves and fresh Rosemary are optional
- Thoroughly clean chicken and remove inner parts from chicken cavity if not already done. I’m always going to recommend marinating chicken so rub chicken down in Chef Curl Ardee’s Cajun Seasoning and marinate for at least 4 hours/overnight.
- Slice entire lemon into thin slices and spread on cast iron.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter and 1 tsp of Chef Curl Ardee’s Cajun Seasoning in microwave for 30 seconds to create Cajun Butter.
- Place Chicken in cast iron/pan on top of lemon slices and rub cajun butter on chicken. Use a spoon to reapply butter that falls to the bottom of the pan until coated as desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Insert the following into the cavity of the chicken: 1 chopped garlic clove, remaining lemon, and fresh rosemary.
- Shake additional Chef Curl Ardee’s Cajun Seasoning on chicken until chicken is coated as desired.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes. Once time has elapsed, add honey on chicken and continue to reapply butter in the pan to top of chicken. Return chicken to the oven and cook for another 30 minutes or until juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh.
- Serve hot and enjoy with your side dishes.